Ahh morning Joe, the lifeline of the morning office warrior. Coffee helps many folks open there eyes in the morning, but it has many more great heatlh benefits, then just waking you up!
- Coffee Can Help You Burn Fat and Lose Weight. Studies have shown that caffeine can increase fat burning and boost your metabolic rate. Several studies show that your Metabolic rate can be boosted by 3-11% through the use of caffeine. Furthermore, studies have shown caffeine can increase fat burring by as much as 10% in the obese and 29% in lean people.
- Coffee helps makes you happy. Coffee appears to reduce the risk of developing depression and may lower the risk of suicide. The caffeine in coffee stimulates the central nervous system boosting production of serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline, thus elevating your mood. A 2011 Harvard study showed that women who drank 4 or more cups a day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed. In another study of 4+ cups per day, individuals were 53% less likely to commit suicide.
- Coffee Improves your workout. Have a cup of black coffee about an half hour before workout and your performance can improve by 12%.
- Coffee helps you focus and stay alert. Moderate caffeine intake, improves your mental alertness and helps you focus.
- Reduces risk of stroke. Some studies show reasonable coffee consumption is associated with 20% a lower risk of stroke.
- Lowers risk of cancers:
- liver cancer Studies have shown that coffee drinkers have up to a 40% lower risk of developing liver cancer.
- Colon Cancer A single study of almost a half a million people found that those who drank 4-5 cups of coffee per day had a 15% lower risk of colorectal cancer.
- Prostate Cancer Italian researchers conducted a 4 year study that found Men who drank more than 3 cups a day of caffeinated coffee had a 53% reduction in prostate cancer compared to non-coffee drinkers.
- Endometrial Cancer A new study found that women who drank more than four cups of Coffee a day had a 22% lower risk of developing endometrial cancer.
- Skin Cancer A 2014 study found a 20% lower risk for malignant melanoma for those who consumed four or more cups per day, compared to non drinkers.
- Reduces risk of Parkinson’s disease. Studies have shown evidence that coffee causes activity in the part of the brain affected by Parkinson’s, and that regular coffee drinking with a reduction in risk ranging from 32-60%.
- Lowers the risk of Type II diabetes. Consuming Caffeine decrease insulin sensitivity by impairing glucose tolerance, several studies have show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of getting type II diabetes.
- Protects your brain. High caffeine levels in your blood reduce the risk of Alzheimer and dementia.